CHIMAR develops and licenses competitive, state-of-the-art industrial technology (know-how) for the production of:
- Amino & Phenolic resins for standard and special applications of MDF, Particleboard, OSB, Plywood, Engineered wood (e.g. Glulam, LVL, CLT).
- Impregnation syrups for laminated paper, LPL, HPL
- Low emission resin systems (E1 plus, CARB II, F****). CHIMAR is a pioneer technology provider in the reduction of board emissions, even down to the level of natural wood
- NAF binders (no-added formaldehyde based resins) with emissions below the level of wood.
- Bio-based resins derived from renewable biomass products or by-products.
- Conventional Additives (reactive hardeners, cross-linking agents, scavengers, resin substitutes, moisture resistance promoters, release agents, wetting agents, various additives for laminating syrups).
- Novel Additives such as MDI hardeners, Vapour Catalyst for amino resins, accelerators for cold-setting phenolics & oil repellent additive for laminates
CHIMAR technology is protected via a portfolio of international patent families and via trade-secrets.