CHIMAR is undertaking R&D projects for third parties to:
- Develop new products and technologies and/or
- Optimize and upgrade the existing ones
The projects implemented cover lab to industrial scale R&D depending on client’s needs and specifications.
R&D tasks are accomplished through the following means:
A. Lab and pilot facilities of CHIMAR:
- well-equipped chemical laboratory for advanced synthesis, testing and analysis of adhesive resins and chemicals. The lab is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 for testing the formaldehyde emission potential of wood-based panels.
- technical laboratory for testing the performance of wood panels,
- pilot scale installation for producing adhesive resins (nominal capacity 50L) and
- pilot scale installation for producing wood panels.
B. Industrial testing:
- CHIMAR chemical reactor (nominal capacity 1m3) for production of chemical additives and resins
- Collaborating industries producing resins, chemicals and wood panels
C. R&D team of CHIMAR
- 18 researchers (chemists, chemical engineers, electrical and computer engineer, wood and petroleum technologists)
- High-level education and skills, multilingual (>11 languages spoken)
- Long expertise in the development of new and innovative products and technologies for the resin and wood panel industry.
D. Collaborating international network
- Research laboratories of universities and institutes
- Independent research scientists
- CHIMAR licensees (producers of resins and panels) and industrial partners